Thursday, July 25, 2013

Long Island, New York Recap Part 2

Here is part two of my awesome trip to New York! If you haven't seen part 1, go Here.

Day 4: Tuesday, June 25

Just hanging out with the kids as we bag bookmarks. That was one of my favorite crafts.

 After a long day of hanging with kids we had a little chill time and headed to the beach to relax. It was way to cold to swim but I still had fun.

Just getting buried alive, no big deal.

Day 5: Wednesday, June 26

We got our group picture on Wednesday. These kids are so cute!

Later in the evening we headed for the Tanger Outlet Malls and did a little shopping. I had to take a picture of this in the bathroom. I don't think I ever want to try a chewable toothbrush.

I will never understand why they had a machine to get sour drps from or crazy lip balms. This stuff must only be sold in New York.

Day 6: Thursday, June 27

This was by far my favorite day. I got to pray with a little girl name Erin to accept Jesus into her heart and I swear I was giddy for the rest of the day.

 Just a little sidewalk art.

 They drew all of their friends. My favorite drawing was of course, me.

 Everyday we had two recs and still these kids had energy to spare. We played some fun games of tag, basketball, volleyball and swung on the swing.

You know, just a little freeze tag. These kids were really good at this game.

The theme verse of the week, 2 Timothy 1:7. I'm still reciting this verse whenever I'm scared or feel need a reminder of God's love for me.

Our schedule for the day. I was a part of music, but I love rec time and craft time.

The basketball goal was a favorite place of the guys and some of the girls all week. We had some up and coming basketball stars.

The two trusty 15 passenger vans that took us to Discover Church. Our church was about 30-45 mins from Crossroads church which was our base church where another group from my church led VBS there.


So many good memories were made at Discover Church that I'm not going to forget. After cleaning up for VBS we headed out back to Crossroads for the last time.


Don't forget to check out this giveaway!

 photo Sig_zps6fb098ce.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//