Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Spirit of Power, Love and Sound Judgement



Last week I had the opportunity to lead VBS in Long Island New York and a new church. The verse for the week was 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgment. Even though I was leading the VBS, I learned that fear doesn't come from God and that he gives me a spirit of sound mind, power and love. It really helped me last week as I worked in an area where not many people believe in God or go to church. Since the church I worked at was fairly new we were only expecting a couple kids but we had over 17!! It was so mind blowing to have that many kids and none of the kids/ families even went to the church, so they were all brand new and my church group was so excited that we had the opportunity to plant the seed of God's love into the their hearts and to introduce them to a nurturing church.
One of the most exciting parts of the week was the last day. For the last day we gave the kids the opportunity to stay behind after morning worship to talk to a counselor if they wanted to accept Christ, and one of the girls, Erin, who was 8 stayed behind and asked me to help her pray to accept Jesus as her Lord and Savior. I was so happy she had asked me and know that God knew that I needed to go on this trip to New York before I did. A boy named Dylan who was 10 also asked Jesus to be his Lord and Savior and I'm so happy that I will see them both in heaven! I'm hoping that I'll be able to visit New York again and do more mission work. I had the best time at this mission trip and really felt God by my side the whole week.
 After my week in New York I have learned so much and am so excited for the work God has ahead of me! I'm so glad God gave me a spirit of power, love and sound judgement and NOT of fear.
 photo Sig_zps6fb098ce.jpg

6 comments :

  1. Wonderful and touching post. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty post! "_)
    enter the giveaway :)
    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/2013/06/persunmall-summer-style-international.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this verse! Sound mind isn't a term I hear a lot. But I think it comes with the words clarity, no confussion, steady, steadfast. It's cool to think of those things, and the surety we can have in our faith when just a few verses later in vs. 12 it says, "I am not ashamed, for I KNOW whom I have believed and am persuaded that He IS able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day."

    Patterned Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came over from the Walkabout Wednesday linkup! Cute blog! Love this recap about VBS and what you got to do! And that is one of my favorite verses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is one thing i sure do miss having a full time job! what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi found you on let's get social Sunday blog hop. now following via GFC

    Natasha @ Serenity You

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//