Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Bohemian Wrap (No Heat Curls)

This is one of my favorite hipster hairdos. It's so cute and it is also a way to curl your hair without using heat. I've been doing my hair like this for about two years now and I absolutely love it! It makes super cute curls and all you have to do is sleep or just go about your day. So, here's how I do the bohemian wrap.

Materials Needed
  1. Headband (1-2in long)
  2. Bobby pins
  3. Hair spray
1. Have dry or slightly damp hair. (For no heat curls you need to have slightly damp hair that has been brushed).
2. Grab a headband that is about 2-3 inches wide. (The bigger the headband the bigger the curl).
3. Place the headband over your hair, right about your ears and push/pull up your hair on the top to add volume.
4. Grab an inch of hair on the left side of your hair and pull it behind the headband. Then grab another inch of hair and added to the inch of hair you just pulled behind your headband and repeat the process until you have reached behind your ear. (the tighter you pull your hair, the tighter the curl will be).
(It should look like this after 2-3 strands of hair have been combined.
5. Then repeat the same process on the other side of your hair and stop behind your ear.
6. Then after completing both sides place all of your hair on both sides together and wrap the whole section of hair behind the headband and pull tightly. (I've noticed that since my  hair has gotten longer it's harder to do this part unless and do the left and the right section of hair 2-3 more twists past my ear and then combining the two sections).
7. Then, when you have reached the end of your hair, tuck the leftover hairs behind the headband. (You may need 1-2 bobby pins to secure the last few hairs).
8. And, your finished! You can put hair spray in your hair if you want to hold down fly away hairs or make it messier and pull different pieces out. *If your trying to get the no heat curls, just sleep on your wet hair and in the morning take out the headband and you will have the curls. The curls are amazing and with a touch of hair spray you should be ready to go out.
This is one of my favorite looks and I would love to hear your thoughts on the hair style.
It's a fresh, cute and new style that I haven't seen any one else wear, and I receive tons of compliments every time I wear my hair this way.

 photo Sig_zps6fb098ce.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//